The ultrasonic sensor provides an easy method of distance measurement. This sensor is perfect for any number of applications that require you to perform measurements between moving or stationary objects.
Interfacing to a microcontroller is a snap. After a trigger impulse an ultrasonic burst (well above human hearing) is produced and then "listen" for the echo return pulse. The sensor measures the time required for the echo return, and returns this value to the microcontroller as a variable-width pulse.
- Provides precise, non-contact distance measurements to 4 m range
- Ultrasonic measurements work in any lighting condition, making this a good choice to supplement infrared object detectors
- 5-pin header makes it easy to connect to a development board, directly or with an extension cable, no soldering required
- Security systems
- Interactive animated exhibits
- Parking assistant systems
- Robotic navigation
- Narrow acceptance angle
- Range: approximately to 4 m (12 feet)
- 5-pin male header with 2.54 mm (0.1") spacing
- Power requirements: +5 VDC; 35 mA active
- Communication: positive TTL pulse
- Dimensions: 22 x 46 x 16 mm(0.81 x 1.8 x 0.6 in )
- Operating temperature range: 0 to +70 °C (+32 to +158 °F)