As one of the smallest systems around, there are so many amazing things you could do with the Raspberry Pi if it was self-powered and portable. Introducing PiJuice! A fully uninterruptable power supply that will always keep your Raspberry Pi powered. Our revolutionary PiAnywhere technology – contained in every Pi Juice HAT – is the best way to take your Pi off the grid!
The real time clock (RTC) on board will let your Pi know what time it is even with no power input or internet connection. Alongside this is an integrated microcontroller (MCU) chip which will manage soft shut down functionality and a true low power deep sleep state and intelligent startup.
You will be able to always keep track of the charge levels and other info with the two built-in tri-coloured RGB LEDs, trigger events and scripts with the three programmable buttons and since the PiJuice will use up to just five of your GPIO pins (just power and I2C), the rest are free to diversify your project. The stacking header allows you to continue to use your existing HATs and add-ons with PiJuice.
Keep your Raspberry Pi running with solar, wind and other renewable power.
Ultimate integrated power is one thing but what if we could make the Raspberry Pi renewably powered too? Solar, wind, thermoelectric and other renewable power is free, clean, and green and we’re proud to have developed an affordable and efficient renewable power solution for the Raspberry Pi!
PiJuice is self-monitoring and, like a space satellite, can become a completely autonomous system. Use the PiJuice as part of an autonomous camera system, weather stations, off-grid desktops, and so many other great outdoor projects.
- Onboard 1820 mAh “off the shelf” Lipo / LiIon battery for ~4 to 6 hours in constant use! (with support for larger Lipo Battery of 5000 or 10,000 mAH+ to last up to 24 hrs +)
- A Full Uninterrupted / Uninterruptable Power Supply solution.
- Designed for the Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 2B and 3B but also compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero v1.3 and Wireless.
- Integrated Real Time Clock
- Onboard intelligent on/off switch
- Low power deep-sleep state with wake on interrupt/calendar event
- Programmable multi-colored RGB led (x2) and buttons (x3) with super simple user-configurable options
- Hardware watchdog timer to keep your Raspberry Pi on and working in mission-critical remote applications
- Our revolutionary PiAnywhere technology – the best way to take your Pi off the grid!
- Full power management API available to Raspberry Pi OS with auto shutdown capability when running low on batteries
- Raspberry Pi HAT compatible layout, with onboard EEPROM for easy plug and play operation
- Low profile design to fit inside lots of existing Raspberry Pi cases!
- Enhanced graphical user interface (GUI) available for easy install (via APT)
- Customisable scripts for enhanced flexibility and full report of battery status
- All GPIOs available via stackable header for ease of expandability and connectivity
- Charge via on-board micro USB or via the Raspberry Pi micro USB (or from onboard pin headers)
- Batteries can be charged from different type of sources and voltages
- Replace the battery without downtime. Compatible with any single cell LiPo or LiIon battery
- Fully CE and FCC tested design. Battery safety tested also.
PiJuice HAT box contains
- 1 x PiJuice HAT
- 1 x Battery and battery surround
- 1 x PiJuice guide
- 4 x Mounting posts attached to PiJuice
- 8 x Mounting screws (4 are already assembled to the board)
- 1 x Pogo pin
- 3 x Stickers
Compatible solar panels
With PiJuice we want to provide not only the best portable hardware/software solution, but also a set of inspiring and affordable guided projects for fun and learning in the real world.
Software & Resources
||12.2 x 10.7 x 3.5 cm
Additional Technical Information