Maker pHAT Makes Raspberry Pi Simple! It is designed to:
Simplify to get started with Raspberry Pi without any monitor, keyboard or mouse (Headless). Go headless in a few simple steps as Maker pHAT enables the user to remote access the Raspberry Pi through serial.
Simplify learning electronics. Beginners can skip the hassle of constructing the basic electronic circuit! Although it is important for students to learn about basic electronics, that come later after they have experienced how easy and fun it is to create awesome projects. Start with fun and excitement! Start coding right away, and see your board light up and play sound with the press of a button! Maker pHAT comes with on board LEDs, push buttons and a buzzer so you can easily learn how to control input and output. No messy wiring or additional components needed!
Simplify troubleshooting and prototyping. Not only do the onboard LEDs work as outputs, they can also act as indicators, clearly showing what's happening on that pin. When the pin is used as input, you can clearly see whether the signal is received by just looking at changes on the LEDs. The pre-soldered header pins come with nice labels. This helps the user easily connect inputs and outputs to the right pins. This will further assist in interfacing with sensors and actuators.
Simplify proper shutdown using a push button. You can easily follow a few simple steps and choose one of the push button as a power button to properly shutdown the Raspberry Pi.
Maker pHAT for Raspberry Pi
Maker pHAT is designed to be the same size as Raspberry Pi Zero board, it stacks perfectly on top of Pi Zero with the four mounting holes aligned. You will need to install a GPIO header first - see our solderless GPIO headers if this is too difficult.
Maker pHAT is also compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+ or even the latest Raspberry Pi 3A+, just insert the 2x20 stacking header(included), as this photo shows:
Maker pHAT is compatible with:
- Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 (will need to solder 2x20 header pin - NOT included)
- Raspberry Pi Zero W (will need to solder 2x20 header pin - NOT included )
- Raspberry Pi Zero WH (Ready for plug and play)
- Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ (Will need 2x20 stacking header)
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ (Will need 2x20 stacking header)
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (Will need 2x20 stacking header)
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (Will need 2x20 stacking header)
Maker pHAT is now Rev1.10:
- Raspberry Pi Zero size, stacks perfectly on to Pi Zero Series of SBC (Single Board Computer).
- Compatible with standard size Raspberry Pi 4/3B/3B+, medium size Raspberry Pi 3A+ and smaller size Raspberry Pi Zero/W/WH.
- Standard Raspberry Pi GPIO footprint.
- LED array for selected GPIO pins (GPIO 17, 18, 27, 22, 25, 12, 13, 19).
- 3x on board programmable push buttons (GPIO 21, 19 and 20, need to configure as input pull up).
- On board active buzzer (GPIO 26).
- Proper label for all GPIOs, including SPI, UART, I2C, 5V, 3.3V, and GND.
- Utilize USB Micro-B socket for 5V input and USB to UART communication.
- USB serial facilitated by the CH340, Rev1.10 uses FT231X as the USB to UART
- Input voltage: USB 5V, from computer, power bank or standard USB adapter.
- PURPLE PCB!