If you are looking for a low cost motor driver that can control two small DC brush motor, or one stepper motor, check out this low cost L298
based motor driver!
Maximum current output is up to 2A(peak) per motor. The board have built in flyback/back EMF diodes, too. If you power it >20VDC and enable on board 5V regulator, it will get quite warm. That's normal!
What motors can you use with it? Any motor that is:
- DC brushed motor with two terminals
- Operating voltage: 7V to 30VDC
- Rated current is <= 1.0 Amps
- Peak current is <= 2.0 Amps
- Or Stepper Motor with 4 leads (bipolar)
- Dual Channel Motor driver for DC brushed motor
- It can also drive bipolar stepper motor
- 1A continuous current per channel (2A peak)
- Vmotor: 7V to 30VDC
- Dimension: 5.5cm x 4.4cm 2.7cm
- Ready with:
- Vmotor, GND and 5V terminals
- Output A and B terminals for motor
- Heatsink mounted with L298 for better heat dissipation
- Flyback EMF diodes
- Header pins for IN1, IN2, IN3, and IN4
- On board 5V voltage regulator
- Compatible with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, but will require manual wiring.